"I certainly never write a review about a book I don't think worth reviewing, a flat-out bad book, unless it's an enormously fashionable bad book." --
says, John Gardner in Conversations with John Gardner
Quoted from 'Dictionary of Library and Information Science Quotations'     Edited by Mohamed Taher & L S Ramaiah. ISBN: 8185689423 (New Delhi , Aditya, 1994) p.150. Available @ Amazon.com

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Blog Review: My Highly Recommended Money Making Programs


The best part of the WWW / Internet / E-Commerce / Web Marketing is: (QUICK / EASY / SIMPLE / ONE-CLICK) Money Making Programs. That is the background. Here we are trying to understand one blog: My Highly Recommended Money Making Programs. And, the click forward from another site, brought me to this: Mailboxmoney and then found a link to another site, stating Want a free laptop?
Ans. Yes, why Not. The process, get, set go. I clicked on the site mentioned to get a free laptop: http://www.notebooks4free.com
Reading the terms and conditions (notebooks4free), it sounds all clear, and more importantly, telling me not to cheat, That's Great. I move on to see if this is a really real scam free deal. The simple catch is: I get 18 referrals. Period. Nope, then complex catch is, two stops, as explained:
  • Do my friends have to refer anyone?
    Only if they want their own free gift. To earn your
    free gift, your friends do not have to refer anyone.
  • How do I get a free gift?
    Our free gift program does not require you to pay any fees. You are only required to complete one offer from our sponsors, many of which are free...[read again: all items are NOT free]
    Googling for this site (notebooks4free), I found the following:
  • McAfee SiteAdvisor @ User Reviews (12): One said: "hp Hosts has classified this as a phishing site. Keep clear." [HP Host site]
  • Yahoo! Answers. One said: "The next morning.... I got 20 new spam messages and the spam folder took more than half an hour to load!"

    Note: The interesting (complimenting and supplementing the spree) is the: COMMENT POLICY @ My Highly Recommended Money Making Programs:

  • Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders.
  • Comments are moderated.
  • Spam will not be tolerated.
  • The design of the blog is cool, user-friendly, not overloaded with un-necessary content.
    Bottomline, nothing is free. So have happy holidays, and relax.

    See also on the same shelf:
  • I Want My Free Laptop Dot Com
  • The Top 10 Internet/Email Scams
  • A Pathfinder To Detect Spam and Forwarded Email Scams
  • WORK-AT-HOME JOBS: Internet Fraud or Gold Rush?
    Major Internet Fraud Investigation Reveals Shocking Truth you Must Know before Choosing a Work-At-Home Program
    "Are Online jobs the next big thing?
    The reality is that the hopes and dreams of honest people trying to make a better life for themselves are being preyed upon and shattered, day-in and day-out.
    A Shocking 81.4% of work at home sites were found to be Scams"
  • Tips for Avoiding Job Scams, from the Internet Fraud Watch
  • No comments: